Hartington village is two miles away where you will find a Petrol Station, Post Office, Famous cheese shop, two village stores and pubs.
The Heights of Abraham
The Heights of Abraham are reached by an alpine style cable car system. It has 60 acres of Woodland hillside, a unique hilltop park set on top of a dramatic limestone gorge, amid great natural beauty and with spectacular views.
Alton Towers is within easy reach and one of Britain’s favourite theme parks. Chatsworth House and Haddon Hall just outside Bakewell are two of Britain’s best loved historic houses and estates, offering something for everyone to enjoy.
Other local attractions
Manchester city centre is an hour away by train from Buxton. Other local attractions include:
- Dovedale and Ilam
- Bakewell the home of the Bakewell Pudding
- Buxton Spa and Opera House
- The Roaches
- Castleton Caves and Blue John Mines
- Denby Pottery shop and Visitor Centre
- Eyam Hall and Eyam where the plague arrived in a parcel of cloth from London